Hi friends! I hope you have had a wonderful weekend with your families. We love to have something Asian inspired almost every week and the other day I realized we had everything on hand to make this spin on Yakisoba with some noodles added. It was easy, fast and delicious so I thought I’d share it with y’all.
First I just got a pound or so frozen chicken breasts boiling in some water. When it was done I scooped it out and added a box of spaghetti right into the same pot of water. While the pasta cooked I cut up the chicken into big cubes and finely shredded a half a head of cabbage we’d used earlier in the week for coleslaw. I hate to waste anything.
So by the time that was done, so was the noodles. I drained them into a colander and added the cabbage and carrots in the same pot with a tablespoon of sesame oil. I let it cook down a little, I still wanted some crunch to the veggies. Then I add in the noodles. chicken and green beans. After I get it all stirred up and mixed I season it with ginger, garlic powder, salt and pepper. I also give it a good couple of tablespoons of soy sauce. It makes a good amount; enough so that we ate dinner and had leftovers for lunch the next day!
Easy Chicken Yakisoba Noodles
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen chicken breasts
- 1 pound box spaghetti noodles
- 1 can french style green beans
- half a head of cabbage, finely shredded (4 cups or so)
- bag of matchstick carrots
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ground ginger
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- soy sauce
- sriracha sauce (optional)
- Boil chicken until done. Remove from boiling water and boil noodles in water.
- Dice chicken and prepare veggies.
- Drain noodles into colander.
- Heat oil in pot with cabbage and carrots. Cook until beginning to get tender, then add chicken and noodles back in with green beans.
- Heat through and season to taste.
- Optional: add in water chestnuts or serve baked wonton chips on the side, make it spicy with sriracha and garnish with sesame seeds